Master the industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL® Service Strategy publication.
Next GUARANTEED DATES Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
The course of ITIL® SERVICE STRATEGY presents the topics, basic concepts, processes, functions, activities, challenges, benefits and key indicators of performance presented through the service lifecycle based on best practices presented on ITIL framework. This course is structured to 3 (three) days of duration, total of 21 (twenty one) hours, with the trainees and the trainer on a classroom, including exercises and quizzes along the course, and a mock exam on the last day. The course is prepared to fulfill the needs of professionals which want to acquire knowledge in the Service Operation Lifecycle in the ITIL framework, and certify themselves on SERVICE STRATEGY, intermediate level. Upon successful completion of the examination the candidate will be rewarded with the Service Strategy qualification and the attributed 3 credits that can be used to achieve the ITIL Expert Level.
The training is delivered in a classroom training model and through:
- Presentation of the subjects, content and group discussions;
- Exercises and quizzes along the course;
- Mock/Simulation exam as preparation for the completion of the certification exam;
The methodology of training, as regards the presentation of content, is part of the lecture method, and the exercises and assignments, in this case the exercises, quizzes and exam simulation, falls within the active method, in which the individual activity or group is in engine itself individual reflection, discussion, development of critical thinking, self-assessment and consequently learning.
This course is aimed to (but not restricted to):
- Chief information officers (CIOs); Chief technology officers (CTOs); Managers; Supervisory staff; Team leaders; Service designers; IT architects; IT planners; IT consultants; IT audit managers; IT security managers;
- ITSM trainers involved in the on-going management, co-ordination and integration of strategizing activities within the service lifecycle;
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL service strategy stage of the ITIL service lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization;
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in service strategy;
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications;
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules;
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite;
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
Candidates wishing to attend this course and to be examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.Candidates who hold the following ITIL qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
Candidates should consult the Syllabus of the qualification for additional recommendations (non-mandatory).
With this course is intended that the trainees gain knowledge and understanding in the following subjects and have a successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Introduction to Service Strategy
- Service Strategy principles
- Service Strategy processes
- Organizing for Service Strategy
- Technology considerations
- Implementing and improving Service Strategy
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Summary, Exam preparation and directed studies
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Service Strategy (SS)
- Service Strategy Principles
- Service Strategy Processes
- Organizing for SS
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing Service Strategy
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
- Summary, exam prep and directed studies
The “ITIL Service Strategy" exam fulfill the requirements of the certification scheme of AXELOS, ITIL Service Strategy, and the knowledge and skills necessary for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy qualification are according to the following areas of ITIL Service Strategy Syllabus:
- ITIL SL: SS01 – Introduction to service strategy
- ITIL SL: SS02 – Service strategy principles
- ITIL SL: SS03 – Service strategy processes
- ITIL SL: SS04 – Governance
- ITIL SL: SS05 – Organizing for service strategy
- ITIL SL: SS06 – Technology considerations
- ITIL SL: SS07 – Implementing service strategy
- ITIL SL: SS08 – Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- ITIL SL: SS09 – Summary, exam preparation and directed studies
The exam consists of Eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
Exam duration: 90 minutes
Pass mark: 70% (28/40)
Exam type: Closed Book
ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate
Our ITIL Instructors are recognized ITIL accredited trainers with international expertise in IT Service Management using ITIL, and ISO 20000, in IT Governance, using COBIT and ISO 38500, and in risk management using ISO 31000 and ISO 27005 as bases and methodologies as OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, among others. As implementing IT services also requires a global view and approach to information security, our instructors are experts in ISO 27001. We also understand that Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plays an important role in IT service management, that's why our experts master this fields, with a focus based on BS 25999, ISO 22301 among other standards and frameworks.
The course includes a detailed student courseware book, with checkpoints & Sample Mock Exams.After successfully pass the exam, the student will earn 3 ITIL Expert Credits
Dates and Price
Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<