ISO 31000 Risk Manager
Mastering risk assessment and optimal risk management based on ISO 31000
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
ISO 31000 Risk Manager
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
In this three-day intensive course participants develop the competence to master a model for implementing risk management processes throughout their organization using the ISO 31000 standard as a reference framework. Based on practical exercises and case studies, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform an optimal risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle. During this training, we will present the ISO 31000 general risk management standard, the process model it recommends, and how companies may use the standard, and its companion risk assessment tools document ISO 31010.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on case studies;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Risk managers;
- Business Process Owners;
- Business Finance Managers;
- Business Risk Managers;
- Regulatory Compliance Managers;
- Project Managers;
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective risk management according to ISO 31000;
- understand the relationship between the risk management and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization;
- acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing risk management program according to ISO 31000;
- acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in risk management.
- Introduction, risk management program, risk identification and assessment according to ISO 31000
Risk evaluation, treatment, acceptance, communication and surveillance according to ISO 31000 and ISO 31010
- Concepts and definitions related to risk management
- Risk management standards, frameworks and methodologies
- Implementation of a risk management framework
- Understanding an organization and its context
Risk assessment methodologies according to IEC/ISO 31010 and Exam
- Risk identification and risk analysis
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Risk communication and consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
- Risk assessment tools recommended in ISO 31010
- Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager Exam (2 hours)
- The Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts, approaches, methods and techniques of risk management
- Domain 2: Implementation of an risk management program
- Domain 3: Risk assessment based on ISO 31000
- The Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager exam is available in different languages.
- Duration: 2 hours
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
CertificationAfter successfully completing the ISO 31000 Risk Manager exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO 31000 Provisional Risk Manager" or "Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager", depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 31000 Risk Manager is a certification program aligned in ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for Risk Manager certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||Risk assessment experience|
|Certified ISO 31000 Provisional Risk Manager||Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager Exam||None||None|
|Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager||Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager Exam||2 years1 year of risk management related work experience||Risk management activities totaling 200 hours|
|Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager||Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager Exam||5 years2 year of risk management related work experience||Risk management activities totaling 300 hours|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in risk management, with particular focus on standards ISO 31000, ISO 31010 and managing information security risks as part as ISO 27001 implementations using ISO 31000 as a base standard and taking advantage of the value provided by ISO 27005 and related standards and methodologies such as, OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, among others. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards and methodologies through its participation in the committees responsible for the develop, maintaining and improvement of these standards and methodologies in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 31000 standard is a guidance and support to risk management
- ISO 31000 is not a certifiable standard for an organization, however, this standard provides principles and generic guidelines on risk management, applied to any type of risk, and when implemented promote uniformity of risk management across organizations.
- ISO 31000 Risk Manager course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned in ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 31000 Risk Manager course is oriented towards to master a model for implementing risk management processes throughout their organization using the ISO 31000 standard as a reference framework. Thus, this course approaches ISO 31000 general risk management standard, the process model it recommends, and how companies may use the standard, and its companion risk assessment tools document ISO 31010. Also, referenced is made to perform an optimal risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle.
- Certification exam is monitored by an official administrator.
- ISO 31000 Risk Manager certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 31000 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
Guaranteed Dates Program (*)
All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<