Curso ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
Mastering risk assessment and optimal risk management based on ISO 31000
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) 16-Dec-2019, Lisbon Register now 03-Feb-2020, Lisbon Register now
Curso ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
In this five-day course participants develop the competence needed to master and lead an organisation on the implementation program of a risk management framework and related risk management process using the new ISO 31000:2018 standard. Through practical exercises and case studies participants will gain a deep understanding on the fundamental concepts of risk management and related terms based on ISO Guide 73, and on the application of the new risk management principles to create and protect the organisation’ value. Participants will acquire the needed skills to design, implement, evaluate, improve and integrate an risk management framework on the organisation, including the best practices for the framework implementation based on ISO 31004; and, to draft, implement, maintain and improve an risk management process customized to the organisation needs, including the assessment and treatment of risks using the additional guidance of IEC/ISO 31010. On the last day, the course leads the participants to several risk assessment methods and techniques based on IEC/ISO 31010.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on case studies;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
This course is aimed to:
- Risk managers, consultants and/or risk experts;
- Business process owners;
- Business risk managers;
- Regulatory compliance managers and/or legal risk managers;
- Project managers;
- IT service managers, information security managers, business continuity managers;
- Any person responsible or involved on the management of risk in an organization;
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
With this course is intended that the trainees gain knowledge and understanding in the following subjects and have a successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- understand the main concepts and related risk management terminology based on ISO Guide 73;
- know the ISO 31000 family, other risk management standards, practices and regulatory frameworks;
- understand how the ISO 31004 and IEC/ISO 31010 can be used to support the implementation of an ISO 31000:2018 risk management framework, including the main differences from the ISO 31000:2009 edition;
- apply the new risk management principles to create and protect the organisation’ value;
- design, implement, evaluate, improve and integrate an risk management framework on the organisation based on ISO 31000:2018;
- draft, implement, maintain and improve an risk management process customized to the organisation needs, including the assessment and treatment of risks using the guidance of IEC/ISO 31010;
- learn how to draft a risk management plan, including how to report, record, communicate, monitor, and review the risks;
- lead and support an risk management team on the implementation of an risk management program through the organisation as part of the enterprise risk management (ERM) strategy;
- acquire the need knowledge to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in risk management, including recognized tools, techniques and methods;
- Day 1: Introduction to risk management based on ISO 31000:2018; risk management principles and framework
Risk context, assessment and treatment based on ISO 31000:2018
- Course introduction, objectives and structure;
- Risk management standards, frameworks and methodologies; the ISO 31000:2018 family;
- Risk management concepts and definitions based on ISO 31000:2018 and ISO Guide 73;
- Risk management principles;
- Comparing ISO 31000 risk management editions 2009 (Ed.1) vs. 2018 (Ed. 2);
- Understanding the risk types covered by ISO 31000:2018;
- Risk management framework: integration, design, implementation, evaluation and improvement;
Risk communication, consultation, monitoring, review, reporting and recording based on ISO 31000:2018
- Risk management process overview
- Risk management process implementation based using ISO 31000:2018 and IEC/ISO 31010
- Scope, context and risk criteria
- Risk assessment: risk identification, risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk treatment and acceptance: risk treatment options and risk treatment plan
Risk assessment methods and techniques based on IEC/ISO 31010
- Risk communication and consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
- Risk reporting and recording
ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager Certification Exam
- Introduction to risk assessment techniques
- Selection criteria for risk assessment techniques
- Types of risk assessment techniques
- Risk assessment methods and techniques
- Closing the training, preparing for the exam and certification
The “Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager” exam will occur on the last day of the training and fully covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Risk management concepts and principles
- Domain 2: Risk management framework
- Domain 3: Risk management process, assessment and treatment
- Domain 4: Risk communication and consultation
- Domain 5: Risk monitoring, review, reporting and recording
- Domain 6: Risk assessment methods and techniques based on IEC/ISO 31010
The exam is available in English Language.
Duration: 3 hours.
The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within two months after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
In the case of a failure the candidate can apply to the retake of the exam within one year after the date of the first exam date.
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
After successfully completing the ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "ISO 31000 Associate Risk Manager" or "ISO 31000 Risk Manager" or “ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager”, depending on their level of experience.
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager is a certification program aligned in ISO 17024 standard.
Requisitos da certificação ISO 31000 Risk Manager:
|Certificação||Exame||Experiência Profissional||Experiência de avaliação de riscos|
|ISO 31000 Associate Risk Manager||Exame ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager||Não necessita||Não necessita|
|ISO 31000 Risk Manager||Exame ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager||2 anos1 ano de experiência de trabalho em gestão de riscos||Actividades de gestão de riscos num total de 200 horas|
|ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager||Exame ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager||5 anos2 ano de experiência de trabalho em gestão de riscos||Actividades de gestão de riscos num total de 300 horas|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in risk management, with particular focus on standards ISO 31000, ISO 31010 and managing information security risks as part as ISO 27001 implementations using ISO 31000 as a base standard and taking advantage of the value provided by ISO 27005 and related standards and methodologies such as, OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, among others. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards and methodologies through its participation in the committees responsible for the develop, maintaining and improvement of these standards and methodologies in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 299 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 31000 standard is a guidance and support to risk management
- ISO 31000 is not a certifiable standard for an organization, however, this standard provides principles and generic guidelines on risk management, applied to any type of risk, and when implemented promote uniformity of risk management across organizations.
- ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned in ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager course is oriented towards to master a model for implementing risk management processes throughout their organization using the ISO 31000 standard as a reference framework. Thus, this course approaches ISO 31000 general risk management standard, the process model it recommends, and how companies may use the standard, and its companion risk assessment tools document ISO 31010. Also, referenced is made to perform an optimal risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle.
- Certification exam is monitored by an official administrator.
- ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 31000 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT (Portuguese Government Quality Training Management Organisation), the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<