Become acquaintance with the best practice for implementing and manage an IT – Security Techniques – Application Security based on ISO 27034
Next GUARANTEED DATES Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
course evaluation 4.6 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This course enables the participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an IT – Security techniques – Application Security as specified in ISO/IEC 27034. The purpose of ISO/IEC 27034 Foundation is to assist organizations in integrating security seamlessly throughout the life cycle of their applications.
Application security applies to the original software of an application and to its contributing factors that impact its security, such as data, technology, application development life cycle processes, supporting processes and actors, and it applies to all sizes and types of organizations.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Managers, such as information security managers, project managers, administrators, software development managers, application owners and line managers, who wish to balance the cost of implementing and maintaining AS against the risks and value it represents for the organization; prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an AS project.
- Provisioning and operation teams such as architects, analysts, programmers, testers, system administrators, DBA, network administrators, and technical personnel, who wish to minimize the impact of introducing ASC into organizations’ existing processes, such as design, development,
test, deployment, operation, archival and destruction; understand which controls should be applied at each stage of an application's life cycle and witch one should be implemented inside the application itself.
- Acquirers and Suppliers who wish to prepare/comply to requests for proposals that include requirements for ASC and Level of Trust.
- Auditors who wish to fully understand the AS processes involves in the ISO/IEC 27034
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of AS in accordance with ISO/IEC 27034
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of AS
- understand the relationship between the components of an AS including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing an AS as specified in ISO/IEC 27034
- Introduction to IT - Security techniques – Application Security overview and concepts as required by ISO 27034
- Implementing controls in IT - Security techniques – Application Security overview and concepts as required by ISO 27034
- ISO 27034 Foundation Certification Exam
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- The Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Foundation exam exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Application Security
- Domain 2: Application Security Control Best Practices based on ISO 27034
- The Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Foundation exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credential Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Foundation.A certificate of Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.
Requirements for ISO 27034 Foundation certification:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||ITST Audit experience||ITST project experience|
|ISO 27034 Foundation||ISO 27034 Foundation exam||None||None||None|
Our experts are consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in various international standards.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 14 CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits.
- Certification exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and acceptance of Code of Ethics.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- ISO 27034 is an auditable IT – Security techniques – Application Security.
- ISO 27034 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 27034 Foundation course is oriented towards the acquisition of best practices for implementing and managing a ITST as specified in ISO 27034 standard. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of a ITST, referenced is made to the best practices for implementing the ITST processes.
- Certification exam is monitored by an official administrator.
- ISO 27034 Foundation certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, through on multiple-questions based exam.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 27034 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<