ISO 20000 Lead Auditor
Mastering the Audit of an Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO 20000
Next GUARANTEED DATES 06-Apr-2020, Lisbon Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
ISO 20000 Lead Auditor
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit an Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training, the participant will acquire necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according ISO 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
The benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Internal auditors;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) certification audits;
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Information Technology Service Management System audit process;
- Persons responsible for the Information Technology Service conformity in an organization;
- Members of an Information Technology Service team;
- Expert advisors in information technology;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Information Technology Service audit function.
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 20000 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 20000 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and ISO 17021 specifications
- acquire the necessary expertise to manage an IT SMS audit team
- understanding the operation of an ISO 20000 conformant Information Technology Service Management System
- know the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1, ISO/IEC 20000-2 and ITIL
- understand the relationship between the Information Technology Service Management System, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, risk assessment and audit decision-making in the context of an IT SMS
- Introduction to Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) concepts as required by ISO 20000
Planning and Initiating an ISO 20000 audit
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to Information Technology Service Management
- Fundamental principles of Information Technology Service Management
- ISO 20000 certification process
- Information Technology Service Management System (SMS)
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 10 of ISO 20000-1
Conducting an ISO 20000 audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit the approach based on evidence and on risk
- Preparation of an ISO 20000 certification audit
- SMS documentation audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 20000 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of the audit findings
- Documentation of nonconformities
ISO 20000 Lead Auditor Certification Exam
- Audit documentation
- Quality review
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 20000 audit
- Evaluation of corrective action plans
- ISO 20000 surveillance audit
- ISO 20000 internal audit management program
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- The Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Technology Service Management
- Domain 2: Information Technology Service Management System (SMS)
- Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 20000-1 audit
- Domain 5: Conducting of an ISO 20000-1 audit
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 20000-1 audit
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 20000-1 audit program
- The Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of: "Certified "ISO/IEC 20000 Associate Auditor", "Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor" or "Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor", depending on their level of experience.
Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.ISO 20000 Lead Auditor is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for “Auditor” certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||SMS Audit experience||SMS project experience|
|ISO 20000 Associate Auditor||ISO 20000 LA Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 20000 Auditor||ISO 20000 LA Exam||2 years1 year of ITSM work experience||Audit activities totalling 200 hours||None|
|ISO 20000 Lead Auditor||ISO 20000 LA Exam||5 years2 years of ITSM work experience||Audit activities totalling 300 hours||None|
Our professionals team is comprised of licensed specialists, certified in ITIL V2/V3, 2011 Ed. and / or ISO20000 and with experience in the areas of training, implementation and auditing of processes based on the ITIL Best Practices and ISO 20000 standard.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information, practical examples, case-study and step-by-step audit methodology.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 20000 is an auditable Information Technology Service Management System (SMS).
- ISO 20000 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 20000 Lead Auditor course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 20000 Lead Auditor course is geared towards to the audit of the standard, through a step-by-step audit process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of Information Technology Service Management System (SMS), are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) audit process and the management of audits through an audit program, which includes the selection of the approach, the audit methodology, selection and skills of the auditors, steps and approaches for evidence collection and drafting of findings and nonconformities, among other activities needed to prepare the auditor to audit the Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) of his organization or to participate and lead audits for an certification body, using the best practices of audit according the ISO 19011 and the requirements for certification bodies in ISO 17021.
- One of the strengths of the ISO 20000 Lead Auditor course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 20000 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
- ISO 20000 Lead Auditor certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 20000 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<