This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement quality processes based on requirements from ISO 9001.
This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with ISO 9004 guidance’s (Managing for the sustained success of an organization - A quality management approach).
Because it is a course with a very relevant practical impact, participants are invited to implement a Quality Management System, in the classroom, during training, based on a case study. This practice supports the necessary theoretical part of the training and establishes a clear link between theory, regulation and how to do it. In this way, participants are able to transfer the knowledge of training to the job and acquire a greater critical sense about the requirements and their applicability in the organization.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS);
- ISO 9001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Quality Management System implementation process;
- Persons responsible for the Quality or conformity in an organization;
- Members of an quality team;
- Expert advisors in Quality Management Systems;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an quality function or for a QMS project management function.
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of a Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001;
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a Quality Management System;
- understand the relationship between the components of a Quality Management System and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization;
- acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a QMS as specified in ISO 9001 and ISO 9004;
- acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO 9001;
- develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of quality;
- improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of quality management;
- prepare an organization for an ISO 9001 audit.
- Introduction to Quality Management System (QMS) concepts as required by ISO 9001;
- Initiating a QMS project based on ISO 9001;
- Implementing a QMS based on ISO 9001;
- Controlling, monitoring and measuring a QMS; certification audit of a QMS;
- Certification Exam.
The “Certified ISO 9001 Lead Implementer” exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Quality;
- Domain 2: Quality Management System Best Practice based on ISO 9001;
- Domain 3: Planning a QMS based on ISO 9001;
- Domain 4: Implementing a QMS based on ISO 9001;
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a QMS based on ISO 9001;
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a QMS based on ISO 9001;
- Domain 7: Preparing for a QMS certification audit.
The “Certified ISO 9001 Lead Implementer” exam is available in different languages.
Duration: 3 hours
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 9001 Provisional Implementer, Certified ISO 9001 Implementer or Certified ISO 9001 Lead Implementer, depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 9001 Lead Implementer is aligned with ISO 17024 standard.The requirements for “Implementer” certifications are:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||QMS Audit experience||QMS project experience|
|ISO 9001 Provisional Implementer||ISO 9001 LI Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 9001 Implementer||ISO 9001 LI Exam||2 years1 year of quality management work experience||None||Project activities totalling 200 hours|
|ISO 9001 Lead Implementer|| ISO 9001 LI Exam||5 years2 years of quality management work experience||None||Project activities totalling 300 hours|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in ISO 9000 family standards, with particular focus on ISO 9001, ISO 9004 and associated quality standards and best practices. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information. practical examples, case-study and step-by-step implementation methodology.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
Benefits ISO 9001 is an auditable Quality Management System (QMS).
ISO 9001 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
ISO 9001 Lead Implementer course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
ISO 9001 Lead Implementer course geared towards to the implementation of the standard, through a step-by-step implementation process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of QMS, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the QMS implementation project, which includes the selection of the approach, the implementation methodology, among other activities needed to implement the QMS, based on the methodology presented, including QMS operation and therefore the control, monitoring and continuous measurement.
One of the strengths of the ISO 9001 Lead Implementer course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 9001 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
ISO 9001 Lead Implementer certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 9001 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<