Mastering the Implementation of Application Security (AS) Processes, Activities & Security Techniques across the organization based on the international standard ISO/IEC 27034 – Application Security.
Next GUARANTEED DATES Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables the participants to understand specific principles and concepts proposed by ISO/IEC 27034 for AS and understand how they can be implemented, step by step, to help organizations to develop, acquire, implement, use, and maintain trustworthy applications, according to their specific business context, at an acceptable cost. More specifically, the ISO/IEC 27034 framework proposes components and processes to provide verifiable evidences that an application have reached and maintained a targeted level of trust as specified by the organization.
The responsibility of a Certified ISO/IEC 27034 Application Security Lead Implementer is to assist organizations to put in place required 27034 framework elements and guide the organization to integrate Application Security Controls (ASC) seamlessly throughout the life cycle of their applications. AS applies not only to the software of an application but also to its other components and contributing factors that impact its security, such as its technological context, its regulatory context, its business context, its specifications, the sensitivity of its data, and the processes and actors supporting its entire life cycle.
This framework applies to all sizes and all types of organizations (e.g. not only to commercial enterprises, government agencies and non-profit organizations that are using applications, but also to large, medium and small vendors that develop software, application and business services) exposed to security risks on information associated with their applications.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
The benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Managers, such as information security managers, project managers, administrators, software development managers, application owners and line managers, who wish to balance the cost of implementing and maintaining AS against the risks and value it represents for the organization; prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an AS project.
- Provisioning and operation teams such as architects, analysts, programmers, testers, system administrators, DBA, network administrators, and technical personnel, who wish to minimize the impact of introducing ASC into organizations’ existing processes, such as design, development,
test, deployment, operation, archival and destruction; understand which controls should be applied at each stage of an application's life cycle and witch one should be implemented inside the application itself.
- Acquirers and Suppliers who wish to prepare/comply to requests for proposals that include requirements for ASC and Level of Trust.
- Auditors who wish to fully understand the AS processes involves in the ISO/IEC 27034
ISO 27034 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 27034 is recommended.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of AS in accordance with ISO/IEC 27034
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of AS
- understand the relationship between the components of an AS including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- acquire necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an AS as specified in ISO/IEC 27034
- acquire necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 27034
- develop knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of AS
- improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of AS
- Introduction: AS overview and concepts as proposed by ISO/IEC 27034
Implementation of AS based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 27034 AS and its global vision
- Fundamental principles in Information Security
- Overview, concepts, principles, definitions, scope, components, processes and actors involved in AS
- Embedded implicit concepts
- Presentation of the 27034 series
AS validation and certification
- Security into application project
- The Application Security Management Process
- Provisioning and operating an application
- Maintaining the Actual Level of Trust on the Targeted Level of Trust
- Development of AS validation
- AS at the organization level
- Goals of AS for an organization
- The Organization Normative Framework (ONF)
- The ONF committee
- The ONF Management process
- Integration of ISO/IEC 27034 elements into the organization’s existing processes
- Design, validation, implementation, verification, operation and evolution of ASCs
- The ASC libraries
- Drafting the certification process
- Security guidance for specific organizations and applications
ISO 27034 Lead Implementer Certification Exam
- The purpose of internal AS audit
- Minimize the cost of an audit
- Be sure you have all expected evidences ready
- Overview of the AS validation and certification process under 27034
- How to help an organization to be certified
- How to help an application project to be certified
- Protocols and ASC data structure based on ISO/IEC 27034
- An free formal languages for ASC communication
- ISO/27034 proposed XML schemas, data structure, descriptions, graphical representation
- ISO/IEC 27034 AS final review
- The Certified ISO 27034 Lead Implementer exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts and principles in application security
- Domain 2: Application security control (ASC) and others Best Practice in AS
- Domain 3: Preparation of an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 4: Implementing an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an AS project based on ISO/IEC 27034
- Domain 7: Preparing an application project or an organization for an ISO/IEC 27034 certification audit
- The Certified ISO 27034 Lead Implementer exam is available in English languages.
- Duration: 3 hours
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO 27034 Provisional Implementer", "Certified ISO 27034 Implementer" or "Certified ISO 27034 Lead Implementer", depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 27034 Lead Implementer is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for “Implementer” certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||AS Audit experience||AS project experience|
|ISO 27034 Provisional Implementer||ISO 27034 LI Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 27034 Implementer||ISO 27034 LI Exam||2 years1 year of AS work experience||None||Project activities totalling 200 hours|
|ISO 27034 Lead Implementer|| ISO 27034 LI Exam||5 years2 years of AS work experience||None||Project activities totalling 300 hours|
Our experts are consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in various international standards.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 27034 is an auditable IT – Security techniques – Application Security.
- ISO 27034 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 27034 Lead Implementer course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 27034 Lead Implementer course geared towards to the implementation of the standard, through a step-by-step implementation process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of ITST, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the ITST implementation project, which includes the selection of the approach, the implementation methodology, among other activities needed to implement the ITST, based on the methodology presented, including ITST operation and therefore the control, monitoring and continuous measurement.
- One of the strengths of the ISO 27034 Lead Implementer course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 27034 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
- ISO 27034 Lead Implementer certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 27034 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<