Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) 30-Mar-2020, Lisboa Register now 18-May-2020, Lisboa Register now
course evaluation 4.9 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) as specified in ISO 22301:2010, as well as the best practices for implementing the business continuity processes based on the ISO/PAS 22399.
This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Members of a business continuity team;
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS);
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 22301 standard;
- Technicians involved in operations related to a BCMS;
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999
- understand the relationship between a Business Continuity Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage a Business Continuity Management System
- acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) as specified in ISO22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999
- Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301
Implementing controls in business continuity according to ISO 22301
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO 27031, ISO/PAS 22399, BS 25999 and regulatory framework
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles in business continuity
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 10 of ISO 22301
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification Exam
- Business impact analysis (BIA) and risk management
- Implementation phases of the ISO 22301 framework
- Continue improvement of business continuity
- Conducting an ISO 22301 certification audit
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- The Certified ISO 22301 Foundation covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- The Certified ISO 22301 Foundation exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 1 hour
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credential Certified ISO 22301 Foundation.A certificate of Certified ISO 22301 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.
Requirements for ISO 22301 Foundation certification:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||BCMS Audit experience||BCMS project experience|
|ISO 22301 Foundation||ISO 22301 Foundation exam||None||None||None|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in BS 25999 and ISO 22301, with particular focus on the family of standards ISO 22300, 27000, ISO 24762 (Disaster Recovery) and their associated standards. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate.
- Behaviour Participation certificate of 14 CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits.
- Certification Exam in English language.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and acceptance of Code of Ethics.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- ISO 22301 is an auditable Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- ISO 22301 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 22301 Foundation course is oriented towards the acquisition of best practices for implementing and managing a BCMS as specified in ISO 22301 standard. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of an BCMS, referenced is made to the best practices for implementing the business continuity processes based on the ISO/PAS 22399. This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
- Certification exam is monitored by an official administrator.
- ISO 22301 Foundation certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, through on multiple-questions based exam.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 22301 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program (*)
All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<