Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO 20000
Next GUARANTEED DATES 06-Apr-2020, Lisbon Register now
course evaluation 4.9 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an IT Service Management System as specified in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005, as well as the best practices for implementing the IT Service Management processes starting from the ISO 20000: planning and implementing new and changed services, service delivery process, relationship management process, problem resolution process, control processes and release processes.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Members of an Information Technology Service team;
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS);
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 20000 standard;
- Technicians involved in operations related to an ITSMS;
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of an Information Technology Service Management System in accordance with ISO20000
- understand the relationship between the information technology service management system, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- know the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005, ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 and ITIL
- know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an Information Technology Service Management System
- acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing an Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS) as specified in ISO 20000
- Introduction to Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS) concepts as required by ISO 20000
Implementing the IT service management processes based on ISO 20000
- Introduction to the ISO 20000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles in Service Management
- General requirements presentation of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 clauses
- Implementation phases of the ISO/IEC 20000 framework
- Continual improvement of IT management
- Conducting an ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 certification audit
ISO 20000 Foundation Certification Exam
- Planning and implementing change management
- Supplier management
- Relationship management
- Problem management
- Release management
The Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation exam covers the following competence domains:
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Technology Service
- Domain 2: Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS)
- The Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation.A certificate of Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.
Requirements for ISO 20000 Foundation certification:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||SMS Audit experience||SMS project experience|
|ISO 20000 Foundation||ISO 20000 Foundation exam||None||None||None|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in ISO 20000 family standards, with particular focus on standards ISO 20000-1 and related parts, ITIL v2, v3 and 2011, and associated standards and best practices. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate.
- Behaviour Participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam in English language.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and acceptance of Code of Ethics.
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 20000 is an auditable Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS).
- ISO 20000 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 20000 Foundation course is oriented towards the acquisition of best practices for implementing and managing a ITSMS as specified in ISO 20000 standard. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of an ITSMS, referenced is made to the best practices for implementing the IT Service Management processes starting from the ISO 20000: planning and implementing new and changed services, service delivery process, relationship management process, problem resolution process, control processes and release processes.
- Certification exam is monitored by an official administrator.
- ISO 20000 Foundation certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, through on multiple-questions based exam.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 20000 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<