Cybersecurity Professional Training
Master the fundamental concepts and best practices to operate and maintain a cybersecurity programme and framework
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) 18-Nov-2019, Lisbon Register now
Cybersecurity Professional Training
This course enables the participants to acquire the fundamental knowledge and skills to operate and maintain a cybersecurity programme and framework based on the latest and most recognized international best practices. The course addresses the fundamental concepts and principles of cybersecurity, cybersecurity frameworks and related best practices, legislation and regulations, for governments and organizations, cybersecurity controls best practices, and the components, operation and maintenance of a cybersecurity programme. The course presents a proposed approach for cybersecurity, drafted and supported by international best practices and, finally it covers the fundamental concepts and principles for auditing a cybersecurity programme and framework. The course prepares the participants for the Behaviour® Cybersecurity Professional (CSP) certification. This certification course and the related certification scheme are developed under the Behaviour’s QMS and aligned with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17024, therefore valid at international level.
The Cybersecurity Professional training course is based on both theory and practice sessions with:
- Lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases.
- Practical exercises based on a full case study./li>
- Review questions and exercises to assist the exam preparation./li>
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
- Information security professionals, consultants and/or auditors that need to acquire the fundamental knowledge about the frameworks, controls, and applicable legislation regarding cybersecurity
- Professionals who deal with internet services as well as applications, and also the IT infrastructure on a daily-basis
- C-level managers, who need to understand what cybersecurity is and the impact that it has on the organization’s business objectives
- Any person who needs to acquire a general understanding of cybersecurity
Participants should understand English as the course documentation is in this language.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles and concepts related to cybersecurity;
- Identify and understand the current frameworks on the market that can be used to support the implementation of a cybersecurity programme;
- Apply mechanisms to operationalize a cybersecurity programme and framework in order to support its implementation and maintenance;
- Comprehend how to perform a cybersecurity risk assessment;
- Identify and apply cybersecurity controls to mitigate risks and prevent security breaches;
- Understand the fundamental audit principles to support the audit of a cybersecurity programme and framework.
- Course introduction
- Fundamental concepts and principles of cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity frameworks and controls
Components, operation and maintenance of a cybersecurity programme
- Fundamental concepts and introduction to cybersecurity frameworks
- Cybersecurity frameworks, best practices, legislation and regulations, for governments and organizations:
- NIS Directive
- EU Cybersecurity Framework (proposal)
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- ISO Cybersecurity Framework (approach) base on ISO/IEC 27103
- Cybersecurity controls best practices
- ISO/IEC 27002
- ISO/IEC 27032
- NIST SP 800-53
- CIS Controls
Fundamental concepts and principles for auditing a cybersecurity programme and framework
Cybersecurity Professional Certification Exam
- Common components and functions of a cybersecurity framework
- Introduction to a cybersecurity programme approach
- Using international best practices to support the implementation of a cybersecurity programme and framework
- Implement, operate and maintain a cybersecurity framework as part of a cybersecurity programme
The “Cybersecurity Professional” exam fully covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts and principles of cybersecurity
- Domain 2: Cybersecurity frameworks and controls
- Domain 3: Components, operation and maintenance of a cybersecurity programme
- Domain 4: Fundamental concepts and principles for a cybersecurity audit
The “Cybersecurity Professional” exam is available in English language.
Exam duration: 2 hours.
The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within two months after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: “Pass or Fail”.
In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12-month period from the initial exam date.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials “Associate CyberSecurity Professional” or “CyberSecurity Professional”, depending on their level of experience.
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
The CyberSecurity Professional is a certification program aligned with ISO/IEC 17024 standard.
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in cybersecurity and related practices, including the NIST cybersecurity framework, ISO 27001, ISO 22301, COBIT, CIS controls, among many others.
Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these practices through its participation in the specific committees responsible in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 18 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam in English.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- If the candidate fails the exam, he is entitled to one free retake within a 12 month period from the initial exam date.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- Cybersecurity Professional course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned with ISO/IEC 17024 standard - requirements for certification of people - , fulfilling the recommendations of ISO;
- Cybersecurity Professional course is oriented towards the acquisition of best practices for operate, support, and maintain a Cybersecurity programme and framework an organization. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of cybersecurity, referenced is made to the general concepts and principles of cybersecurity, international frameworks and all related aspects; and additional practices for auditing an cybersecurity programme and framework;
- The course allows the participants to establish common ground regarding concepts, definitions, threats and best practices related with cybersecurity inside of the organization;
- The participant, and consequently, the organization, will be better prepared to handle potential threats and attacks done that can affect the organization’s objectives;
- The participant will be able to better support the implementation of the organization’s cybersecurity programme and framework;
- The organization will be able to implement a baseline for critical controls to face challenges and threats associated with the cyberspace;
- Certification exam is monitored by an official Behaviour administrator, accredited under the ISO/IEC 17024 requirements;
- Cybersecurity Professional certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of the training;
- Upon success in the exam, the professional will achieve one of the Cybersecurity Professional certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination;
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy;
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<