Master the implementation of COBIT® 5 tailored to suit the needs of a specific enterprise
Next GUARANTEED DATES 20-Feb-2019, Lisbon Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
These three-day, COBIT® 5 Implementation course provides attendees with practical approach on how to apply COBIT® 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios within the organization. Attendees will learn how to implement and apply COBIT® 5 into their enterprise and how to effectively use it for client initiatives. Attendees will walk away with an appreciation of how to effectively use COBIT® 5 for different organizational scenarios.
The course material is supported by practical exercises and case-based scenarios. Candidates learn how to apply the COBIT® 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal business practice”.
This is a practitioner-level course and it is mandatory for candidates to have taken and passed the COBIT® 5 Foundation exam.
The training is delivered in a classroom training model and through:
- Presentation of the subjects, content and group discussions;
- Exercises and practical examples covering the implementation process;
- Mock/Simulation exam as preparation for the completion of the certification exam based on a complete case study.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
The COBIT® 5 Implementation training and Certificate is aimed to:
- IT specialists who want to learn how to implement COBIT® 5.
- IT Management who want to get an appreciation of how to use COBIT® 5 for their project and programme initiatives.
- Project & Programme managers who want to add COBIT® 5 Implementation to their experience.
- IT practitioners who want practitioner-level training and an appreciation of how to use COBIT® 5 for different organisational scenarios.
- Business managers who want to have a more practical appreciation of how to apply COBIT® 5 to specific business problems, pain points, trigger events and risk scenarios.
- Consultants who want to learn how to implement, or use COBIT® 5 for different scenarios for a client initiative.
It is a mandatory requirement for all candidates to have passed the COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam before applying for and attending this training and certificate course.
On completion of this training and exam, candidates will be able to apply the COBIT® 5 good practice continual improvement lifecycle approach to GEIT, tailored to suit the needs of a specific enterprise. In particular to:
- Analyse the enterprise drivers
- Apply the implementation challenges, their root causes and success factors
- Assess current process capability (As Is)
- Determine target process capability (To Be)
- Scope and plan improvements
- Consider practical implementation factors
- Identify and avoid potential pitfalls
- Leverage the latest good practices
- Apply the COBIT® 5 continual improvement lifecycle approach to address these requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal business practice”.
- Positioning GEIT
- First Steps/ Getting Started
- Initiate the Programme Phase 1
- Define Problems and opportunities Phases 2 & 3
- Plan and Execute Phases 4 & 5
- Realise the Benefits Phases 6 & 7
- Exam Preparation (Mock Simulation Exam)
- COBIT® 5 Implementation Exam
- The “COBIT® 5 Implementation" exam fulfils the requirements of the certification scheme of ISACA/APMG, COBIT® 5 Implementation, a Practitioner level certification, and the knowledge and skills necessary for the this Practitioner level are according to the following areas of COBIT® 5 Implementation Syllabus:
- IP - Initiate the programme (What are the drivers? - Phase 1)
- DP - Define Problems & Opportunities (Where are we now and where do we want to be? - Phases 2 & 3)
- PE - Plan & Execute the programme (What needs to be done & How do we get there? - Phases 4 & 5)
- RB - Realise Benefits and Review effectiveness (Did we get there and how do we keep the momentum going? - Phases 6 & 7)
The exam consists of 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question
Exam duration: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
Pass mark: 50% (40/80)
Exam type: Open Book (‘COBIT® 5 Implementation books only)
- Candidates that are successful in the COBIT® 5 Implementation exam meet the eligibility requirements to achieve the COBIT® 5 Implementation qualification.
- A certificate will be issued to participants that pass the exam
Our COBIT® Instructors are recognized consultants, assessors and accredited trainers with international expertise in IT Governance using ISO 38500 and COBIT® since the first versions of the framework. They are experts in various related best practices and international standards such as, the ITIL and ISO 20000 for IT service management, ISO 27001 for information security and related standards and methodologies for risk management, such as ISO 27005 and the OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, among others. Besides the ISACA approach for assessment, our instructors are experts in auditing management systems what enables them provide participants with the best integrated approach throughout the course, relating the guidance of ISACA with other international best practices, such as ISO 19011 for auditing, among others.
- Training in English language
- A student manual containing over 200 pages of will be distributed to participants
- Behaviour® Participation Certificate
- APMG Participation Certificate
- The official APMG, COBIT® 5 Implementation Certification exam is included on the course price
- An BEHAVIOUR®, accredited APMG ATO, official certificate will be issued to participants
- Qualification COBIT® 5 after exam success
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour® facilities)
- The course does not include the official COBIT® 5 Implementation and PAM guides. Delegates need to bring their own personal copies
- COBIT 5® course provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT 5® embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
- COBIT 5® course provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives.
- COBIT 5® helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<