COBIT 5 Foundation
Acquire the foundation knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance
Next GUARANTEED DATES 08-Apr-2019, Lisbon Register now 29-Apr-2019, Lisboa Register now
course evaluation 4.6 in 5
COBIT 5 Foundation
This two-day, APMG COBIT® 5 Foundation course, allows participants to acquire the sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT, create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management; assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT® 5 would be appropriate to implement.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation level training and certificate is also a pre-requisite for the following training and certificate courses:
- COBIT® 5 Implementation Training and certification
- COBIT® 5 Assessor Training and certification
The training is delivered in a classroom training model and through:
- Presentation of the subjects, content and group discussions;
- Mock/Simulation exam as preparation for the completion of the certification exam.
The methodology of training, as regards the presentation of content, is part of the lecture method, and the exercises and assignments in this case the exam simulation, falls within the active method, in which the individual activity or group is in engine itself individual reflection, discussion, development of critical thinking, self-assessment and consequently learning.
Target Audience for the COBIT® 5 Foundation Level training and Certification.
This course is aimed to:
- Business Managers
- Chief Executives
- IT /IS Auditors
- Internal Auditors
- Information Security and IT Practitioners
- IT/IS Managers
- IT/IS Managers looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT® Implementer or Assessor.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
At at the end of the course the participant should understand the key principles and terminology within COBIT® 5, know and understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 ENABLES IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise
- Understand the key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers
- Overview & Key Features of COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Principles
- The COBIT® 5 Enablers
- Introduction to COBIT® 5 Implementation
- Process Capability Assessment Model
- Mock Simulation Exam
- COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam
The “COBIT® 5 Foundation" exam fulfills the requirements of the certification scheme of APMG, COBIT® 5 Foundation, and the knowledge and skills necessary for the Foundation level are according to the following areas of COBIT® 5 Foundation Syllabus:
- PR - The COBIT® 5 Principles
- EN - The COBIT® 5 Enablers
- IM - Introduction to COBIT® 5 Implementation
- PC Process Capability Assessment Model
The exam consists of 50 questions which cover all areas of COBIT® 5 Foundation Syllabus. Each question is worth 1 point.
Exam duration: 40 minutes
Pass mark: 50% (25/50)
Exam type: Closed Book
APMG COBIT® 5 Foundation
Our COBIT® Instructors are recognized consultants, assessors and accredited trainers with international expertise in IT Governance using ISO 38500 and COBIT® since the first versions of the framework. They are experts in various related best practices and international standards such as, the ITIL and ISO 20000 for IT service management, ISO 27001 for information security and related standards and methodologies for risk management, such as ISO 27005 and the OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, among others. Besides the ISACA approach for assessment, our instructors are experts in auditing management systems what enables them provide participants with the best integrated approach throughout the course, relating the guidance of ISACA with other international best practices, such as ISO 19011 for auditing, among others.
- Training in English language.Course manual in English, containing information and practical exercises.
- Behaviour® Participation Certificate with 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- APMG Participation Certificate.
- Multiple choice exam in English language.
- Qualification COBIT® 5 after exam success.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour® facilities).
- COBIT® 5 course provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT® 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
- COBIT® 5 course provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives.
- COBIT® 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<