COBIT 5 Assessor
Master the assessment of IT processes using COBIT® 5 Best Practices
Next GUARANTEED DATES 26-Feb-2020, Lisbon Register now
course evaluation 4.7 in 5
COBIT 5 Assessor
These three-day, COBIT® 5 Assessor course provides a basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT® 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
This ‘Practitioner-Level training and certification course’ focuses on ‘how’ to apply the PAM and ‘how’ to analyse the results.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance.
The training is delivered in a classroom training model and through:
- Presentation of the subjects, content and group discussions
- The course is supported by exercises based on practical examples
- Mock/Simulation exam as preparation for the completion of the certification exam
The methodology of training, as regards the presentation of content, is part of the lecture method, and the exercises and assignments done through the course and the exam simulation based on a case study, falls within the active method, in which the individual activity or group is in engine itself individual reflection, discussion, development of critical thinking, self-assessment and consequently learning.
Target Audience for the COBIT® 5 Assessor training and Certification.
This course is aimed to:
- Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits and need to demonstrate the requirement of ‘independence’ in performing an assessment.
- IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits and need to demonstrate the requirement of ‘independence’ in performing an assessment.
- Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.IT/IS Managers
It is a mandatory requirement for all candidates to have passed the COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam before applying for and attending this training and certificate course.
Upon the successful completion of this training course, candidates will know:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT® 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (PAM) in performing a process capability assessment. Specifically:
- To use the Process Reference Model (PRM), in particular to be able to apply the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- Be able to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- Be able to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide specifically how to:
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan & Brief the teams
- Collect & Validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- Overview & Recap Foundation – The PAM
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiation of the Assessment
- Planning and Briefing
- Data Collection
- Process Attribute Rating
- Assessment Reporting
- Performing as Self-Assessment
- Exam Preparation (Mock Simulation Exam)
- COBIT® 5 Assessor Exam
- The “COBIT® 5 Assessor" exam fulfils the requirements of the certification scheme of ISACA/APMG, COBIT® 5 Assessor, a Practitioner level certification, and the knowledge and skills necessary for the this Practitioner level are according to the following areas of COBIT® 5 Assessor Syllabus:
- RR - Roles, Responsibilities and Competences
- AI - Initiate an Assessment
- SC - Scope an Assessment
- PB - Plan an Assessment and Brief the teams and management
- DC - Data Collection
- DV - Data Validation
- PR - Analyse and rate the process attributes & capability levels
- AR - Prepare and present assessment reports
The exam consists of 8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question
Exam duration: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
Pass mark: 50% (40/80)
Exam type: Open Book (‘COBIT® 5 Assessor Guide: Using COBIT® 5’ and ‘COBIT® Process Assessment Model (PAM): Using COBIT® 5’ books only)
- Candidates that are successful in the COBIT® 5 Assessor exam meet one of the eligibility requirements to become a COBIT® 5 Certified Assessor. For further information on the scheme, including how to apply, please visit the ISACA website.
- A certificate will be issued to participants that pass the exam
Our COBIT® Instructors are recognized consultants, assessors and accredited trainers with international expertise in IT Governance using ISO 38500 and COBIT® since the first versions of the framework. They are experts in various related best practices and international standards such as, the ITIL and ISO 20000 for IT service management, ISO 27001 for information security and related standards and methodologies for risk management, such as ISO 27005 and the OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, among others. Besides the ISACA approach for assessment, our instructors are experts in auditing management systems what enables them provide participants with the best integrated approach throughout the course, relating the guidance of ISACA with other international best practices, such as ISO 19011 for auditing, among others.
- Training in English language
- A student manual containing over 200 pages of will be distributed to participants
- Behaviour® Participation Certificate with 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- APMG Participation Certificate
- The official APMG, COBIT® 5 Assessor Certification exam is included on the course price
- An BEHAVIOUR®, accredited APMG ATO, official certificate will be issued to participants
- Qualification COBIT® 5 after exam success
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour® facilities)
- The course does not include the official COBIT® 5 Assessor and PAM guides. Delegates need to bring their own personal copies
- COBIT® 5 course provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT® 5 embody thought leadership and guidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
- COBIT® 5 course provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives.
- COBIT® 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<