ITIL Practitioner Training
ITIL® Practitioner, practical approach to adapt ITIL® driven by value-added principles.
Next GUARANTEED DATES 31-May-2017, Live Training Register now 31-May-2017, Lisboa Register now
ITIL Practitioner Training
These ITIL® Practitioner training course and certification offers practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework to support your business' objectives. The ITIL Practitioner guidance is driven by 9 Guiding Principles: Focus on value; Design for experience; Start where you are; Work holistically; Progress iteratively; Observe directly; Be transparent; Collaborate; and, Keep it simple.
This certification it is the next step after ITIL Foundation for professionals who have already learned the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the business value of well-designed and delivered services. Where ITIL Foundation focuses on the 'what' and the 'why', ITIL Practitioner shows 'how' to start adopting and adapting the ITIL framework within day-to-day situations and responsibilities, giving individuals more confidence in their ability to structure and contribute to ITSM initiatives.
The course and certification covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives; and, the three key areas crucial for success of any improvement initiatives: Organizational Change Management, Communication and, Measurement and Metrics.
ITIL Practitioner does not replace any of the existing ITIL qualifications; instead, it is complementary to and fits in with the current ITIL qualification scheme.
The training is delivered in a classroom training model and through:
- Presentation of the subjects, content and group discussions.
- Discussion of a Scenario through the several modules covered on the course.
- Exercises and discussion of the answers per module along the course.
- Sample Paper (mock/simulation exam as preparation for the ITIL Practitioner certification exam)
The methodology of training, as regards the presentation of content, is part of the lecture method, and the exercises and assignments, in this case the exercises based on a scenario and exam simulation, falls within the active method, in which the individual activity or group is in engine itself individual reflection, discussion, development of critical thinking, self-assessment and consequently learning.
- All IT professionals ITIL Foundation certified.
- All IT professionals Intermediate certified and on the path to the Expert level.
- All the ITSM professionals that have an understanding of the ITIL framework but need advice on how to adopt and adapt it within their day-to-day work practices.
- All IT Professionals new to ITIL and interested in taking ITIL Foundation and use a practical approach to adopt and adapt the framework, should also consider attend to this course and certification.
Delegates must have previously passed the ITIL Foundation Examination.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Be able to use IT Service Management concepts that are important drivers of continual service improvement.
- Be able to apply the ITSM guiding principles in a real-world context.
- Be able to apply the CSI approach to manage improvements in a given organizational context.
- Be able to use metrics and measurement to enable continual service improvement.
- Be able to communicate effectively to enable continual service improvement.
- Be able to apply organizational change management to support continual service improvement.
- Course Introduction
- ITSM concepts as drivers for CSI
- ITSM guiding principles
- CSI Approach
- Metrics and measurement for CSI
- Communication for CSI
- Organizational change management for CSI
- Exam Preparation (Mock Simulation Exam – scenario and questions covered along the course)
- ITIL® Practitioner Exam
The “ITIL® Practitioner" exam fulfil the requirements of the certification scheme of AXELOS, ITIL Practitioner, and the knowledge and skills necessary for the ITIL Practitioner level qualification according to the following Learning Outcomes (LO) identified on the ITIL Practitioner Syllabus:
- ITILPR_LO1 – Be able to use IT Service Management concepts that are important drivers of continual service improvement.
- ITILPR_LO2 – Be able to apply the ITSM guiding principles in a real-world context.
- ITILPR_LO3 – Be able to apply the CSI approach to manage improvements in a given organizational context.
- ITILPR_LO4 – Be able to use metrics and measurement to enable continual service improvement.
- ITILPR_LO5 – Be able to communicate effectively to enable continual service improvement.
- ITILPR_LO6 – Be able to apply organizational change management to support continual service improvement.
The examination is based on a scenario that the candidates will be familiar with from their course and sample papers and it tests the ITIL Practitioner learning outcomes from the candidate’s course of study. It consists on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) that are set based on the scenario provided and on 6 sets of additional information given in the examination and necessary to answer each section of questions. There are 40 (forty) questions and each question worth 1 mark.
Exam duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Pass mark: 70% (28/40) or higher in order to pass the examination and be awarded certification.
Exam type: Open book, i.e. the ITIL® Practitioner Guidance publication is allowed for reference during the examination.
ITIL® Practitioner Certificate.
Our ITIL Instructors are recognized ITIL accredited trainers with international expertise in IT Service Management using ITIL, and ISO 20000, in IT Governance, using COBIT and ISO 38500, and in risk management using ISO 31000 and ISO 27005 as bases and methodologies as OCTAVE, MEHARI, EBIOS, among others. As implementing IT services also requires a global view and approach to information security, our instructors are experts in ISO 27001. We also understand that Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plays an important role in IT service management, that's why our experts master these fields, with a focus based on BS 25999, ISO 22301 among other standards and frameworks.
- The course includes a detailed student courseware book, a practical scenario with questions and a sample paper (mock exam).
- After successfully pass the exam, the student will earn 3 ITIL Expert Credits
- ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level qualifications.
- ITIL Practitioner is also worth 15 points towards your ITIL digital badge as part of the AXELOS Professional Development Programme. (https://www.axelos.com/professional-development)
- Start for where you are and apply the CSI approach.
- Practical techniques to adopt and adapt ITIL in your organization.
- Supports collaboration and continual service improvement.
- Improve customer satisfaction through a more professional approach to service delivery.
- Improve IT services through the use of proven best practice processes.
- Improve ROI of IT.
- Improve delivery of third party services through the specification of ITIL.
- Improve morale of service delivery and recipient staff.
- Increase competence, capability and productivity of IT staff.
- Increase staff retention.
- Improve systems/ applications availability.
- Reduce cost/ incident and reduce hidden costs that traditionally increases substantially the TCO.
- Better asset utilisation.
- A clear business differentiator from competitors.
- Closely aligned to commercial business services and products.
- Greater visibility of IT costs and of IT assets.
- A benchmark to measure performance against in IT projects or services.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<