Certified Lead Privacy Implementer
Mastering the implementation and management of Privacy Framework
Next GUARANTEED DATES Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
course evaluation 4.2 in 5
Certified Lead Privacy Implementer
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Privacy Framework based on ISO 29100. Participants will gain a thorough understanding of how to design, build and lead organizations’ privacy programs in all processes of ICT systems and services, through the use of best practices.
The training provides a privacy framework which specifies a common privacy terminology, defines the actors and their roles in processing personally identifiable information (PII), describes privacy safeguarding considerations and provides references to known privacy principles for information technology.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support organizations on implementing and managing a Privacy Framework;
- Security auditors who wish to fully understand the Privacy Framework implementation process;
- Experienced IT security management professionals;
- IT security professionals interested in earning Privacy Management Framework certification;
- Privacy Officers, Data Protection Officers, and Compliance professionals with an interest in privacy legislation and risk;
- Security professionals with front-line experience;
- Information security staff;
- Expert advisors in information technology;
- Persons and organizations involved in tasks where privacy controls are required for the processing of PII.
It is recommended, but not required, have ISO 29100 Provisional Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 29100.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the core competences on Privacy Framework;
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective protection of personally identifiable information (PII);
- define privacy safeguarding requirements related to PII within an ICT environment;
- understand the relationship between the components of Privacy Framework with existing security standards and various applicable laws;
- acquire necessary expertise in privacy governance, specifically in personally identifiable information governance;
- acquire necessary expertise in privacy risk management compliance connected with personally identifiable information;
- develop knowledge and skills required to advise for improve organizations’ privacy programs through the use of best practices;
- improve the capacity for analysis of privacy incident management.
- Introduction to Privacy Framework concepts as recommended by ISO 29100
Planning the implementation of the Privacy Framework
- Privacy Framework based on ISO 29100 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental Principles of Privacy
- Privacy Legislation US & Europe
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a Privacy Framework
- Initiating the Privacy Framework implementation
Implementing a Privacy Framework
- Preliminary analysis of Existing Controls
- Leadership and approval of the Privacy Framework project
- Defining the scope of a Privacy Framework
- Selection of the approach and methodology for risk assessment
- Control Statement and management decision to implement the Privacy Framework
- Definition of the organizational structure of Privacy
Privacy Framework measurement and continuous improvement
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design of controls and writing procedures and specific policies
- Implementation of privacy controls
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the privacy
- Incident management
- Operations Management
Certified Lead Privacy Implementer Exam
- Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation
- Internal Audit
- Management Review
- Treatment of problems and points of concern
- Continual improvement
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- The Certified Lead Privacy Implementer exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Privacy Implementation
- Domain 2: Privacy Implementation best practice based on ISO 29100
- Domain 3: Designing and developing an organizational Privacy Framework based on ISO 29100
- Domain 4: Implementing a Privacy Framework
- Domain 5: Designing and implementing Privacy controls
- Domain 6: Performance, monitoring and measuring
- Domain 7: Improving the Privacy implementation process
- The Certified Lead Privacy Implementer exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified Provisional Privacy Implementer ", "Certified Privacy Implementer " or "Certified Lead Privacy Implementer", depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
Requirements for “Implementer” certifications:
|Certification||Education||Exam||Professional Experience||CLPI Project Experience|
|Certified Provisional Privacy Implementer ||At least secondary school||Certified Lead Privacy Implementer Exam||None||None|
|Certified Privacy Implementer ||At least secondary school||Certified Lead
Privacy Implementer Exam||Three years|
One year of CLPI work experience
|Project activities totalling 200 hours|
|Certified Lead Privacy Implementer||At least secondary school||Certified Lead Privacy Implementer Exam||Five years|
Two years of CLPI work experience
|Project activities totalling 300 hours|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in different ISO standards
Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- Certified Lead Privacy Implementer (CLPI) exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the CLPI certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Contact us for new dates | Entre em contacto connosco para novas datas
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<