ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- About this course
- Objectives and Program
- Exam(s) and Certification
- Additional Information
- Dates and Price
IntroductionThis five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001 and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011; the certification process according to ISO 17021.
Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit .
Training MethodologyThis training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
- Internal auditors;
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits;
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Quality Management System audit process;
- Persons responsible for the Quality conformity in an organization;
- Members of an Quality team;
- Expert advisors in Quality Management Systems;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for a Quality audit function.
PrerequisitesISO 9001 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 9001 is recommended.
Duration (days)5 days
Learning ObjectivesAt the end of the course students should be able to:
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 9001 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines;
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 9001 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and ISO 17021 specifications;
- acquire the necessary expertise to manage a QMS audit team;
- understand the operation of an ISO 9001 conformant Quality Management System;
- understand the relationship between a Quality Management System and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization;
- improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, and audit decision-making in the context of a QMS.
- Introduction to Quality Management System (QMS) concepts as required by ISO 9001;
- Planning and Initiating an ISO 9001 audit;
- Conducting an ISO 9001 audit;
- Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 9001 audit;
- Certification Exam.
ExamThe “Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Quality;
- Domain 2: Quality Management System (QMS);
- Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles;
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 9001 audit;
- Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 9001 audit;
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 9001 audit;
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 9001 audit program.
Duration: 3 hours.
CertificationAfter successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of Certified ISO 9001 Provisional Auditor, Certified ISO 9001 Auditor or Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor depending on their level of experience. Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors. A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor certification is aligned with ISO 17024 standard.The requirements for “Auditor” certifications are:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||QMS Audit experience||QMS project experience|
|ISO 9001 Provisional Auditor||ISO 9001 LA Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 9001 Auditor||ISO 9001 LA Exam||2 years1 year of quality management work experience||Audit activities totalling 200 hours||None|
|ISO 9001 Lead Auditor||ISO 9001 LA Exam||5 years2 years of quality management work experience||Audit activities totalling 300 hours||None|
TrainerOur specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in ISO 9000 family standards, with particular focus on ISO 9001, ISO 9004 and associated quality standards and best practices. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
Dates and Price
- 28-Aug-2017, Lisbon Price and Registration
- 09-Oct-2017, Lisboa Price and Registration
- 06-Nov-2017, Live Training Price and Registration
- 04-Dec-2017, Lisbon Price and Registration
Guaranteed Dates ProgramAll dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
Volume DiscountsFor companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via chat.