ISO 28000 Foundation
Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing and managing a Security Management System (SMS) for the Supply Chain based on ISO 28000
Next GUARANTEED DATES 06-Nov-2017, Lisbon Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
ISO 28000 Foundation
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing a Supply Chain Security Management System (SMS) as specified in ISO 28000:2007, as well as the best practices for implementing the supply chain security controls of all domains of the ISO 28001. This training is fully compatible with ISO 28004 (Guidelines for the Implementation of a Supply Chain SMS).
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Members of an supply chain security team
- Physical security professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of a Supply Chain Security Management System (SMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 28000 standard
- Employees involved in operations related to a SCSMS
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of a Supply Chain Security Management System in accordance with ISO 28000
- understand the relationship between a Supply Chain Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage a Supply Chain Security Management System
- acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing a Supply Chain Security Management System (SMS) as specified in ISO 28000
- Introduction to Supply Chain Security Management System (SMS) concepts as required by ISO 28000
Implementing controls in supply chain security according to ISO 28001
- Presentation of the standards ISO 28000 family of standards and the regulatory and legal framework related to supply chain security
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles of Supply chain security and physical security
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses of ISO 28000
ISO 28000 Foundation Certification Exam
- Implementation phases of the ISO 28000 framework
- Documentation of a control environment
- Monitoring and reviewing the controls
- Examples of the implementation of controls
- The Certified ISO 28000 Foundation exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of supply chain security
- Domain 2: Supply Chain Security Management System (SMS)
- The Certified ISO 28000 Foundation exam is available in different languages.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: Certified ISO 28000 Foundation.A certificate of Certified ISO 28000 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.
ISO 28001 Foundation certification program is aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for ISO 28000 Foundation certification:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||SMS Audit experience||SMS project experience|
|ISO 28000 Foundation||ISO 28000 Foundation exam||None||None||None|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in family ISO 28000, with particular focus on ISO 28000 and related standards, ISO 27001, ISO 27005 and ISO 31000 and other associated standards. Our experts are also specialists in other supply chain related security requirements such as ISPS code, WCO Safe framework and others related, using this expertise and the ISO 28004 standand for effective integration of this requirements with an SMS implemented based on the ISO 28000 requirements. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 14 CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits.
- Certification exam.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 28000 is an auditable Security Management System (SMS) for the Supply Chain.
- ISO 28000 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 28000 Foundation course is oriented towards the acquisition of best practices for implementing and managing a SMS for the Supply Chain as specified in ISO 28000 standard. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of a SMS for the Supply Chain referenced is made to the best practices for implementing the supply chain security controls of all domains of the ISO 28001. This training is fully compatible with ISO 28004 (Guidelines for the Implementation of a Supply Chain SMS).
- Certification exam is monitored by an official administrator.
- ISO 28000 Foundation certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, through on multiple-questions based exam.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 28000 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<