Mastering the Audit of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO 27001:2013
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) 26-Jun-2017, Lisboa Register now 10-Jul-2017, Live Training Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with the certification process of the ISO 19011 and ISO 17021 standards. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Internal auditors
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Information Security Management System audit process
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security team
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Information security audit function
ISO 27001 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 27001:2013 is recommended.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 27001 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines
- acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 27001 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021 and ISO 27006
- acquire the necessary expertise to manage an ISO 27001 audit team
- understand the operation of an ISO 27001 conformant information security management system
- understand the relationship between an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, its risk assessment and audit decision-making
- Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO 27001
Planning and Initiating an ISO 27001 audit
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to information security
- Fundamental principles of information security
- ISO 27001 certification process
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO 27001
Conducting an ISO 27001 audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and on risk
- Preparation of an ISO 27001 certification audit
- ISMS documentation audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 27001 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of audit findings
- Documentating nonconformities
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Certification Exam
- Audit documentation
- Quality review
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 27001 audit
- Evaluation of corrective action plans
- ISO 27001 Surveillance audit
- Internal audit management program
- The Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 27001 audit
- Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 27001 audit
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 27001 audit
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 27001 audit program
- The Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Auditor", "Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor" or "Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor", depending on their level of experience.
Those credentials are available for internal and external auditors.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.ISO 27001 Lead Auditor is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for “Implementer” certification:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||ISMS Audit experience||ISMS project experience|
|ISO 27001 Provisional Auditor||ISO 27001 LA Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 27001 Auditor||ISO 27001 LA Exam||2 years1 year of information security work experience||Audit activities totalling 200 hours||None|
|ISO 27001 Lead Auditor||ISO 27001 LA Exam||5 years2 years of information security work experience||Audit activities totalling 300 hours||None|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in family ISO 27000, with particular focus on standards ISO 27001, ISO 27005 and their associated standards.
Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam.
- Certification Diploma after successful examination and formal process registration. This process has no associated cost.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 27001 is an auditable Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- ISO 27001 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned in ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course is geared towards to the audit of the standard, through a step-by-step audit process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of ISMS, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the ISMS audit process and the management of audits through an audit program, which includes the selection of the approach, the audit methodology, selection and skills of the auditors, steps and approaches for evidence collection and drafting of findings and nonconformities, among other activities needed to prepare the auditor to audit the ISMS of his organization or to participate and lead audits for an certification body, using the best practices of audit according the ISO 19011 and the requirements for certification bodies in ISO 17021.
- One of the strengths of the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 27001 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
- Certification exam is monitored by an official Behaviour administrator.
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 27001 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program (*)
All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<