Mastering the implementation and management of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
Next GUARANTEED DATES (*) 17-Jul-2017, Live Training Register now 21-Aug-2017, Lisboa Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2010. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement business continuity processes from the ISO 22399. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects).
This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam;
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS);
- Business continuity auditors who wish to fully understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System;
- Persons responsible for the business continuity conformity in an organization;
- Members of an business continuity team;
- Expert advisors in business continuity;
- Members of an organization that want to prepare for an business continuity function or for a BCMS project management function;
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 27031 or BS 25999 and business continuity concepts is recommended.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a Business Continuity Management System
- understand the relationship between the components of a Business Continuity Management System and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a BCMS as specified in ISO22301 or BS 25999
- acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO22301 or BS 25999
- develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of business continuity
- improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of business continuity management
- Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301;Initiating a BCMS
Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO/PAS 22399, ISO 27031, BS 25999 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Business continuity
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the maturity level of the existing Business Continuity Management System based upon ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a BCMS
Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Definition of the scope of a BCMS
- Definition of quality policy and objectives
- Development of a BCMS and business continuity policies
- Business impact analysis (BIA) and risk assessment
Controlling, monitoring and measuring and improving a BCMS and certification audit of a BCMS
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design of business continuity processes and writing procedures
- Implementation of business continuity processes
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the business continuity
- Incident management and emergency management
- Operations management of a BCMS
ISO 22301 Lead Implementer Certification Exam
- Controlling and Monitoring a BCMS
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards
- ISO 22301 internal audit
- Management review of a BCMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO 22301 certification audit
- The Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business continuity Control Best Practice
- Domain 3: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
- The Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials: "Certified ISO 22301 Provisional Implementer", "Certified ISO 22301 Implementer" or "Certified ISO 22301 Lead Implementer", depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.ISO 22301 Lead Implementer is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for "Implementer" certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||BCMS Audit experience||BCMS project experience|
|ISO 22301 Provisional Implementer||ISO 22301 LI Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 22301 Implementer||ISO 22301 LI Exam||2 years1 year of business continuity work experience||None||Project activities totalling 200 hours|
|ISO 22301 Lead Implementer|| ISO 22301 LI Exam||5 years2 years of business continuity work experience||None||Project activities totalling 300 hours|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in BS 25999 and ISO 22301, with particular focus on the family of standards ISO 22300, 27000, ISO 24762 (Disaster Recovery) and their associated standards. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam>
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 22301 is an auditable Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- ISO 22301 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 22301 Lead Implementer course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program, aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 22301 Lead Implementer course geared towards to the implementation of the standard, through a step-by-step implementation process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of BCMS, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the BCMS implementation project, which includes the selection of the approach, the implementation methodology, among other activities needed to implement the BCMS, based on the methodology presented, including BCMS operation and therefore the control, monitoring and continuous measurement.
- One of the strengths of the ISO 22301 Lead Implementer course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 22301 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
- ISO 22301 Lead Implementer certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 22301 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program (*)
All dates of this course are guaranteed only for the events that take place in Lisbon. In other locations the events are subject to a minimum number of participants.
On Behaviour all courses at Lisbon occur regardless of the number of trainees in room. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<