Mastering the implementation and management of an Information Technology Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO 20000
Next GUARANTEED DATES 24-Apr-2017, Live Training Register now 22-May-2017, Lisboa Register now
course evaluation 4.9 in 5
This course is available to be delivered in a classroom and Live-Training model.
Live Training brings you the dynamic environment of the classroom, to your desk. Using your computer, you interact with the trainer and the trainees as if you were with them in the classroom.
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an IT Service Management System as specified in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005. Also, the participant will gain a thorough understanding of best practices for planning and implementing IT Service Management processes starting from the six fields of ISO 20000,planning and implementing new and changed services, service delivery process, relationship management processes, problem resolution process, control processes and release processes.
This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with ISO 20000-2 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ITSMS) and ITIL.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases;
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentation;
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation;
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited.
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS);
- ISO 20000 auditors who wish to fully understand the Information Technology Service Management System implementation process;
- Persons responsible for the Information Technology Service or conformity in an organization;
- Members of an Information Technology Service team;
- Expert advisors in information technology;
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an Information Technology Service function or for an ITSMS project management function.
ISO 20000 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 20000 and ITIL is recommended.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- understand the implementation of an IT Service Management System in accordance with ISO 20000
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing an effective management of an IT Service Management System
- know the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005, ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 and ITIL
- understand the relationship between the information technology service management system, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- acquire expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 20000:2005
- acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team in implementing the ISO 20000 standard
- acquire the personal skills and knowledge necessary to advise an organization on the management best practices of an Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS)
- improve the analysis and decision making capabilities in an IT management context
- Introduction to Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS) concepts as required by ISO 20000;Initiating an ITSMS
Planning an ITSMS based on ISO 20000
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the ISO 20000 family of standards and comparison with ITIL V2 and V3
- Fundamental principles of Service Management System
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the maturity level of an existing SMS
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of an SMS
Implementing an ITSMS based on ISO 20000
- Definition of the scope of an SMS
- Definition of an SMS policy and objectives
- Documentation of the processes and procedures and SLAs
- Budgeting and accounting for IT services
- Competence management
Controlling, monitoring and measuring and improving an ITSMS; certification audit of an ITSMS
- Change, configuration, release, capacity and availability management
- Service continuity and security management
- Incident and problem management
- Operations management of an SMS
ISO 20000 Lead Implementer Certification Exam
- Controlling and monitoring an SMS
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards
- ISO 20000 internal Audit and Management review
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO 20000 certification audit
- The Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Technology Service
- Domain 2: Information Technology Service Best Practice based on ISO 20000-2
- Domain 3: Planning an ITSMS based on ISO 20000
- Domain 4: Implementing an ITSMS based on ISO 20000
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ITSMS based on ISO 20000
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ITSMS based on ISO 20000
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISO 20000-1 certification audit
- The Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer exam is available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- The exam result is sent via email to the candidate within eight weeks after the examination, being the exam result graduated in qualitative note: "Pass or Fail".
- In the case of a failure, the result will be accompanied with the list of domains in which you had a mark lower than the passing grade.
After successfully completing the exam, participants can apply for the credentials of: "Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Provisional Implementer", "Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Implementer" or "Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer", depending on their level of experience.A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential.ISO 20000 Lead Implementer is a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard.
Requirements for “Implementer” certifications:
|Certification||Exam||Professional experience||SMS Audit experience||SMS project experience|
|ISO 20000 Provisional Implementer||ISO 20000 LI Exam||None||None||None|
|ISO 20000 Implementer||ISO 20000 LI Exam||2 years1 year of ITSM work experience||None||Project activities totalling 200 hours|
|ISO 20000 Lead Implementer|| ISO 20000 LI Exam||5 years2 years of ITSM work experience||None||Project activities totalling 300 hours|
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in ISO 20000 family standards, with particular focus on standards ISO 20000-1 and related parts, ITIL v2, v3 and 2011, and associated standards and best practices. Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Course manual in English, containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples.
- Behaviour Participation Certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits.
- Certification Exam
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 20000 is an auditable Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS).
- ISO 20000 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- ISO 20000 Lead Implementer course bases its pedagogical model in a certification program aligned with ISO 17024 standard, which defines the requirements for certification of people, fulfilling the recommendations of ISO.
- ISO 20000 Lead Implementer course geared towards to the implementation of the standard, through a step-by-step implementation process. Thus, throughout the course, in addition to the basic concepts of ITSMS, are presented the steps needed to prepare and start the ITSMS implementation project, which includes the selection of the approach, the implementation methodology, among other activities needed to implement the ITSMS, based on the methodology presented, including ITSMS operation and therefore the control, monitoring and continuous measurement.
- One of the strengths of the ISO 20000 Lead Implementer course, in addition to inclusion of implementation methodology, is that it allows to prepare professionals for the audit of ISO 20000 certification and the registration in the certifying body. Addresses itself to this end, the recommendations of ISO 19011 and the ISO 17021 - requirements for certification bodies.
- ISO 2000 Lead Implementer certification exam is conducted at the end of the course, on the last day of training, which focuses on development questions and case studies allowing the certifying entity to measure, more effectively, the knowledge of the candidates.
- Upon success in the exam, professional will achieve one of the ISO 20000 certifications levels. In case of failure, professional may repeat the exam at no additional cost, within 1 year after the date of the 1st examination.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<