Know how to apply ISMS concepts to achieve the objectives and requirements of ISO/IEC 27001
Next GUARANTEED DATES 07-Jun-2017, Lisbon Register now 23-Aug-2017, Lisbon Register now
course evaluation 4.8 in 5
This two-day and a half, APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner course, prepares the participants to achieve a sufficient understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and its application in a given situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction be able to start applying the International Standard to enable the management of information security (depending on the real situations).
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Presentation of the subjects, content and group discussions
- Mock/Simulation exam as preparation for the completion of the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
This course is aimed at those who are:
- Internal managers and personnel working to implement, maintain and operate an ISMS within an organizatio
- External consultants supporting an organization’s implementation, maintenance and operation of an ISMS
- Internal auditors who are required to have an applied knowledge of the standard
APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Qualification/Certification is needed.
At the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Apply the principles of ISMS policy and its information security scope, objectives, and processes within an organizational context
- Apply the principles of risk management including risk identification, analysis and evaluation and propose appropriate treatments and controls to reduce information security risk, support business objectives and improve information security
- Analyze and evaluate deployed risk treatments and controls to assess their effectiveness and opportunities for continual improvement
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the ISMS through the use of internal audit and management review to continually improve the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the ISMS
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of documented information and records required by ISO/IEC 27001
- Identify and apply appropriate corrective actions to maintain ISMS conformity with ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 1
- Introduction: Objectives, exam & question formats
- Module 1: Introduction and background
- Module 2: Preparing for the ISMS
Day 3 (half a day)
- Module 3 - Planning and Operating the ISMS
- Module 4: Controls (part 1)
- Module 4: Controls (part 2)
- Exam - APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner
- The "ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner" exam fulfills the requirements of the certification scheme of APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner, and the knowledge and skills necessary for the Practitioner level are according to the following areas of ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner Syllabus:
- OV - Overview of ISO/IEC 27001 and related best practices, standards and schemes
- LE - Leadership and support of the ISMS
- PL - Planning and operation of the ISMS
- CO - Information security control objectives and controls
- AC - Achieving ISO/IEC 27001 Certification
- This objective scenario-based exam contains four questions, each with 20 question-lines which cover all 5 areas of the ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner syllabus. Each question-line is worth 1 point
- Styles of question: There are four different types of questions: Classic Multiple Choice; Multiple Response; Matching; and, Assertion/Reason
- Exam duration: 2.5 hours
- Pass mark: 50% (40/80)
- Exam type: Open Book
- After successfully completing the exam, participants will be granted the qualification of APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner
- An Official APMG certificate will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam~
Trainer certified by APMG.
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in family ISO 27000, with particular focus on standards ISO 27001, ISO 27005 and their associated standards.
Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Official course manual in English with over 200 pages of information.
- Official APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner Certification exam
- Behaviour Participation Certificate.
- An BEHAVIOUR®, accredited APMG ATO, official certificate will be issued to participants.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 27001 is an auditable Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- ISO 27001 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<