Acquire the fundamental knowledge about the content and the high-level requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001
Next GUARANTEED DATES 18-Jun-2018, Lisbon Register now 20-Aug-2018, Lisboa Register now
course evaluation 4.7 in 5
This two-day and a half APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation course, allows participants to acquire the fundamental knowledge about the content and the high-level requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, as well as understand at a foundation level how the standard operates in a typical organization.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Presentation of the subjects, content and group discussions
- Mock/Simulation exam as preparation for the completion of the certification exam
- To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
This course is aimed at those who are:
- Supporting the implementation, operation or maintenance of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) within an organization
- Required to audit an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and are required to have a basic understanding of the standard
- Working within an organization with an Information Security Management System (ISMS), whether the organization is already certified or is considering certification to ISO/IEC 27001
- Preparing for the APMG ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner qualification
At the end of the course the participant should understand:
- The scope and purpose of ISO/IEC 27001 and how it can be used
- The key terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27000 series
- The fundamental requirements for an ISMS in ISO/IEC 27001 and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- Use of controls to mitigate IS risks
- The purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The relationship with best practices and with other related International Standards: ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000
- Day 1
- Module 1: Introduction, background and definitions
- Module 2: Key publications
- Module 3: Leadership and support of the ISMS
- Module 4: Planning and operation of the ISMS (part 1)
Day 3 (half a day)
- Module 4: Planning and operation of the ISMS (part 2)
- Module 5: Information security control objectives and controls
- Module 6: Achieving ISO/IEC 27001 Certification
- Exam - APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation
- The "ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation" exam fulfills the requirements of the certification scheme of APMG, ISO / IEC 27001 Foundation, and the knowledge and skills necessary for the Foundation level are according to the following areas of ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Syllabus:
- OV - Overview of ISO/IEC 27001 and related best practices, standards and schemes
- LE - Leadership and support of the ISMS
- PL - Planning and operation of the ISMS
- CO - Information security control objectives and controls
- AC - Achieving ISO/IEC 27001 Certification
- The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions which cover all 5 areas of the ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation syllabus. Each question is worth 1 point
- Styles of question: selection of the correct answer from a choice of 4 options
- Exam duration: 40 minutes
- Pass mark: 50% (25/50)
- Exam type: Closed Book
- After successfully completing the exam, participants will be granted the qualification of APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation
- A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam
Trainer certified by APMG.
Our specialists are renowned consultants and auditors, with several years of experience in the areas of implementation, auditing and training in family ISO 27000, with particular focus on standards ISO 27001, ISO 27005 and their associated standards.
Some of our experts work directly in the improvement of these standards through its participation in the committees responsible for these standards in various countries.
- Training in English language.
- Official course manual in English with over 200 pages of information.
- Official APMG, ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Certification exam
- Behaviour Participation Certificate.
- An BEHAVIOUR®, accredited APMG ATO, official certificate will be issued to participants.
- Coffee break in the morning and afternoon (Applies to all training that take place in Behaviour facilities)
- ISO 27001 is an auditable Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- ISO 27001 allows certification and international recognition of an organization. Allows access to new markets and optimization of operations. Allows improve quality, increase productivity, competitive advantage, customer satisfaction and sales.
- Behaviour Pedagogical Model aims to provide a learning environment conducive to acquisition of competences, in accordance with objectives of each training program. Promoting interaction, participation and appreciation of experiences, we contribute to meaningful learning, certification and international recognition but, above all to the development of critical thinking and autonomy.
- Behaviour is an organization accredited by DGERT (Portuguese Government Entity) and certified on ISO 9001. Behaviour has its Quality Management System (QMS) implemented in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, the requirements of DGERT, the requirements of the European standard NP 4512 and the standard ISO 10015.
Dates and Price
Guaranteed Dates Program
All dates of this course are guaranteed.
At Behaviour, all courses take place regardless of the number of trainees on each course. The concept of setting up classes does not exist in our educational model, which is why all public dates, presented on the website, are guaranteed. So if you're in Portugal or anywhere else in the world, you can prepare your week or your trip, as long as you ensure your registration in the course.
For companies, Behaviour offer discounts, between 10% and 40% of the value of training, starting from the registration of the 2nd participant, in the same course and on the same date.
Simulate the prices for the number of participants you want to register to email@example.com
or contact us via chat.
Hotels and Useful Information
Know where you can stay in Lisbon, near Behaviour. For more information please see >> Booking <<